What is it?
Your theory test will come in the form of two parts:
- Part 1 Theory questions (multiple choice)
- Part 2 Hazard perception (video clips)
To pass you must score:
- A minimum of 43 out of a possible 50 on your theory questions
- A minimum of 44 out of a possible 75 on your hazard perception test
You can take a practice theory test here: https://www.gov.uk/take-practice-theory-test
Before you start
You need your:
- UK driving licence number – If you do not have this yet you will need to apply via https://www.gov.uk/apply-first-provisional-driving-licence
- email address
- credit or debit card
Book it via the website https://www.gov.uk/book-theory-test
Where – The nearest centre is Cassiobury House, 11-19 Station Rd, Watford WD17 1AP which is opposite Watford Junction station.
When preparing to learn to drive, alongside applying for your provisional licence, I recommend purchasing short-term Learner Driver Insurance.
Collingwood Insurance Services offer some great deals, click the banner above or visit http://bit.ly/2uhdePR to get a fast quote, and enter 272080 for the best prices available.
Last modified: July 27, 2017